An appointment can be scheduled by calling our office. In most cases, we are able to see urgent problems on the same day. If you are sick, please call as early in the day as possible so that we can schedule you to be seen. Appointments for physicals and surgical procedures are usually booked 3-4 weeks in advance, so please be sure to call ahead of time especially during the summer when students are returning to school.
2. What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Health insurance card
- Copayment, if applicable
- List of all current medications and their dosages
- Immunization records from pediatrician or previous physician(s)
- If you are a new patient, please have all forms completed prior to visit so that we may serve you promptly. Remember, these forms are available online.
Please call the office during normal business hours if you need to cancel. We require at least a 24-hour notice of cancellation so that we can offer that time to another patient. A $50 routine visit and $75 physical, wellness visit charge is made to your account for failure to cancel.
4. What if I need access to medical care after the office has closed?
A Limestone Primary Care Physician is available for emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. After hours, please call the office and you will be prompted to leave a message for the physician. You must leave a number to be called back at; if you have a caller-ID block, it must be turned off. Routine prescription refills will not be made when the office is closed.
FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES CALL 911
5. What is a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner, and when will I see one?
Physicians Assistants and Nurse Practitioners are healthcare professionals licensed to diagnose and treat medical problems, order and interpret tests, provide preventive health information, assist in surgical procedures, and prescribe medications. Both work under the supervision of a Physician.
You can request to be seen by a PA or NP when making your appointment. You may also be seen by one depending on the availability of physicians, the nature of the illness or condition and how soon you would like an appointment.